Future PCB industry will automate circuit board production
PCB work is technology-intensive and capital-intensive, but it is still labor-intensive. Many automation equipment requires manual operations and assembly lines. A medium-planned PCB company has thousands of employees. Following the transfer of industrial transfer and promotion, the implementation of the new labor contract law, the rising cost of urban life brought about by economic restructuring, and the difficulty of handling employee forces and mobility after the 80s and 90s, PCB manufacturers are becoming more and more severe. The short-term employment and the rising labor costs, and the resulting impact on the production plan, product quality and profitability. Along with this, following the advancement of robot function and the decline of price, replacing the traditional "automation equipment + manual operation" circuit board production mode with "automation equipment + industrial robot operation" will become the trend of PCB work transformation.
Representative use cases of robots
1. Six-axis multi-joint robot for AOI inspection process
The traditional AOI scanning machines rely on manual boarding, flapping and closing. One person guards two machines and repeats monotonous movements every day. The newly manufactured circuit board will also announce a pungent smell on the human body. Bringing certain damage, the infrared light announced by the AOI scanning machine is also an invisible killer. We used a six-axis multi-joint robot instead of the workers to serve as the AOI's board, flap and closing board. Each shift can end more than 700 PCB hard boards, and the induction power can reach 1 min. Including AOI machine scan time). If the loading and unloading transport line that cooperates with the rewinding machine can be further connected to the AGV for fixed line transfer, the fully automated circuit board production of the upper and lower processes can be completed.
2. SCARA robot is used for circuit board coil detection process
Now there are only a handful of testing equipment on the short circuit of multi-layer coils. Most of the testing equipments rely on manual. The PCB with large aperture is manually placed on the inspection equipment and then turned on to detect the PCB with small aperture. The board needs to manually hold the device (probe) to detect each coil. We can use the SCARA robot to end the loading and unloading of the co-detection equipment, and complete the one-time detection of all the coils of the large-aperture board. For the small-aperture board, we use the SCARA equipment to perform the fixed probe and visually locate it. With the probe to detect each coil, our equipment is also useful to avoid the manual inspection when the coil aperture is small or the aperture is large. Compared with manual operation, it can obviously travel to detect the measured power and avoid the quality problems caused by the missed detection.
3, DELTA robot is used for small circuit board product packaging process
Circuit board production The existing FPC loading trays are manually picked up one by one and placed in the blister tray. Because the FPC is soft and thin, it is very inconvenient when it is thin, so the power will be greatly reduced. The Delta800 adds a visual system. It can be picked out from the messy FPC stack and placed in the blister tray as required, which is no less effective than manual. His speed can reach 60 pieces of min, which can completely replace the manual sorting.
Industrial robots work in PCBs instead of artificial circuit board production
As with car work and other manufacturing industries, industrial robots have many advantages in terms of PCB work instead of labor.
1. Reduce labor, speed up the operation of the beat, and travel the power. The robot can complete the repetitive operation at a higher speed, which can be much higher than the manual work tempo, and then bring about a large travel of the work power and a reduction in labor costs and processing costs.
2. Travel accuracy and product quality. Robots can use the programming and vision systems to achieve accurate positioning and repeatability, usefully traveling the quality of the product.
3. Avoid potential problems in the working environment for workers' health and safety, and save investment in environmental safety.
4. Reduce the power and quality degradation and accident rate caused by repeated and monotonous processes affecting workers' conditions.
5. Optimize the operation process and reduce the working space.
6, useful to reduce the material consumption rate.
7, can work 24 hours a day and work in a black light environment.
8, can make the manufacturing process flexible. In the future, PCB work will present more and more orders in small batches. The use of industrial robots can greatly advance the flexibility of production and the rapid delivery of orders.
9, the brand image and the promise of the march. The use of industrial robots enables the automation level of PCB manufacturers to further advance, driving the progress of product quality, production power, cost control, and abilities to take care of the overall competitive strength of the manufacturers in the workplace.
Industrial robots use prospects in PCB work
Nowadays, the use of industrial robots in PCB work is still in its infancy, and it still faces many problems that need to be solved. PCB work Many lines are non-standard products. In the process of robot application, it is bound by the existing work space, and is constrained by the original equipment talents. In the face of the influence of different PCB material factors, we must also consider the use of various sensors. The intelligence of the traveling robot, together with the practice of practicing a group of employees who can operate and maintain the robot.
The future use of industrial robots in PCB work will present the following trends:
1. From single station or single line operation to multi-line operation. It is difficult for the existing PCB companies to fully introduce the robot to complete the automatic production. It is necessary to invest a lot of money to carry out the transformation, but it can be step-by-step transformation on the single-station and single-line with conditions. After obtaining obvious results, the application plan will be gradually expanded.
2. From the use of simple robots to the combination of other intelligent equipment such as AGV. The material transfer between the existing process production lines is mostly manual operation, and the orderly transfer of the finished materials by the robot and the AGV can be distributed.
3. The existing plant is mainly based on partial application. The new plant will be built as a whole plan and directly imported into the robot and AGV.
4. The combination of industrial robots and the Internet of Things will make the manufacturing process more intelligent and flexible.
In summary, it can be foreseen that the future PCB production work will use industrial robots for large planning.
PCB board manufacturing suppliers from China provide you with PCB prototype, PCB batch, 1-34 layer circuit board manufacturing, PCB surface mount, parts procurement, PCB design, PCB copy board, PCB one-stop service. Welcome to consult the staff for more details!